Bed/Workbench, I bet this is a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
My "shop" is a spare bedroom. I don't have anywhere to store the bed. So I build a workbench that rides on the rails of the bed. I used some pipe clamps to build a cheap wood vice. Made with 2x4s and mdf. The vice is poplar and RO.

IMG_6463.JPG

Vice
IMG_6462.JPG

Wes

MikeF

New User
Mike
First the "Murphy" Bed, now the "Kicbak" Bed.

You may be onto something. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Makes perfect sense. It's shop furniture! Bedbench, tablesaw etc. :)
Pretty cool solution.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
It doesn't get much simpler that that. Box fox, 20x20 filter and duct tape. When it gets too dirty I vacuum the filter.

Wes

J

jeff...

and if you get tired you can always Kicbak and take a nap out in the shop. Alan needs a Kicbak bed in his shop don't you Alan?

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Sweet vise. Are the other ends still adjustable? I may have to [strike]steal[/strike] borrow that idea.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Yea, I took steel cable attached to a lever on the side. It runs to some blocks of wood that pivot to release the tabs on the other ends of the pipe clamps.

Lift the lever and pull out the vice.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I've heard of getting some "rack-time" in, but isn't that "stretching" it a bit:gar-La;.

Necessity is truly the mother of invention. I love the multipurpose angle!

Great job

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Actually, that is pretty good use of space.

I would think it is worthy of Fine Woodworkings next Tools and Shops issue.

Seriously, for the projects you showed in your other posts, it is VERY impressive.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wes, you're really inspiring me. I just moved into a place where I have an 8'x8' "shop" that has to hold all of my tools (TS, BS, planer, drill press, joiner, lathe, router, router table, miter saw, and a bunch of smaller tools). And my roommate's bike. :roll: :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: This should all take place in the next week or so. It's great to see someone who overcomes space limitations by being intuitive. :icon_thum

Cheers (if I had room to raise my glass), :eek:ccasion1

Trent

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
Wow. That's great! This type of set-up would really help my commute from the bedroom down to the garage. (By the time I make it out there, I've often forgotten why I went -- but I guess that's a different problem altogether...)

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I should really take some pictures in detail of the "shop". Maybe some people with smaller shops would get some ideas. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS