Beadlock Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
The jig is good. I got the deluxe kit with spacers, so you can center the beadlock in the wood. The downside is the included beadlock is a bit oversized for the holes made by the jig. You will have to sand on the beadlock to get it to fit. I do not know if the beadlock you can buy separately are the correct size.

Overall, good idea, great jig, the poor fitting, make that non-fitting, beadlock spoils my first impression.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I had one of those a while ago and had the same experience. Ended up not being as great as I had hoped ... so it sat around the shop. Eventually I gave it to a friend getting into WWing with a forewarning of the shortcomings.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Tom,
Try drying out your Beadlock tenon stock in a low oven for a few hours. Some of the Festool Domino users found out the larger Dominoes swelled up enough to make the fit very tight to the point of splitting out the mortise after being stored in a humid environment. You can also take a few passes with a block plane over each face of the Beadlock Tenon to tune up the fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS