Back in the shop---finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi everyone
I know it's been a while since you last heard from me--(heart attack on the 7th of March) but I'm here to report that all is going well. As most of you know, I am a self employed woodworker so not being able to do what I love to do has really been a bummer. I had a bad reaction to one of the meds which prevented me from doing even the simplest things in the shop without feeling like passing out.( not cool working with power tools) It wasn't until I started cardio rehab that the problem was detected (low blood pressure and heart rate) and the med changed. Feel a whole lot better now (not afraid of tools) and things are getting back to normal. The work is resuming and the backlog of jobs is keeping me plenty busy. I even got to do some scrolling for a couple of commissioned pieces. Boy it feels good to scroll. You just don't realize how much you love it until you can't do it. Sorry to be so long winded but I do miss this place. Here are a couple of pics of my newest little commissions.
This is a martial arts belt display make from Jatoba with Peruvian walnut on holly letters and the ying yang emblem is made from bloodwood and blue mahoe.

souzysbeltdisplay001.jpg

This is an estate sign made from Redwood for the frame,Dark Redwood for the background, cypress for the letters, Pau-Amerrilo for the sunrise and poplar for the base at the sunrise. Finished with 3 coats of spar varnish. Each letter is doweled in place and the frame is done using mortise and tenons.

gloryacressign007.jpg

It's good to be back!!!

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Glad to hear your back in the shop again. Nice work as usual.:icon_thum:icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Glad to hear you've gotten back to shop strength again -- I know about being away from one's shop -- I just did 9 weeks being away as I helped my daughter recover from surgery and I'm now back home. We all love your work and posts -- good to have you back!

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Mike,
Scary stuff, glad to hear that you are on the mend and again doing what you love. Nice work. Stay well and stay in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS