Back by popular demand pop-pop's Tall Vise workshop August 26

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
David - Did you figure out the dimensions for the handle component? Did you go with 12x2x2? The diagram, if I am reading it right, does not match what is shown in the finished pictures of the vises.
Rick, which part are you referring to? I can check dims on my vise. I'm working from home today.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
David - Did you figure out the dimensions for the handle component? Did you go with 12x2x2? The diagram, if I am reading it right, does not match what is shown in the finished pictures of the vises.
Yes, I cut mine at 12" long and 2" x 2"

I'm also unsure what the "r" designates on the radius cuts. Looks like we are having a smaller class, so we can make thise cuts at the workshop hopefully.

Last edited:

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
We have a template for the outline. The two handle arcs are each 1/6 of a circle.

Also, each arc is simple to draw with just one setting of a compass

Start with a straight line that is the radius.
Swing an arc down from each end of the line.
From the intersection of the two downward arcs just drawn, swing an arc connecting the ends of the line. That’s it!

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Rick, which part are you referring to? I can check dims on my vise. I'm working from home today.
Hey Michael - I was referring to the handle but I think the question was answered with rough dimensions of 12x2x2. The Cut Diagram shows the component as 12" in length and cut with a 12" outer radius. Looking at the finished vise it was obvious one of those dimensions was off. The comment from Pop-pop clears it up with the indication it is 1/6th of the full circle. Thanks again for your time this week, I appreciate it. I bought a Shaper and workstation - should have it on Monday :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS