baby speakers for our new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoon

New User
Victor
I just finished some small speakers, right in time for our new baby (born July 7th). all but the last coat of finish before our baby was born. yesterday I finally had the time to finsh them. and my baby has been enjoying them since. the design (Hi-Vi B3S Single Driver System) comes from John Krutke (zaph audio). they are fully broken in yet. but so far pretty happy with the sound.

the top/bottom/sides are made of 1/2 bb plywood. the baffle and back are 3/4 bb ply. each enlcosure was clamped at once. all joints are recessed butt joints. baffle were rounded with a 3/4 bit. all other edges got a slight chamfer. I build four of them this time. this is the most mistake-free build I have done so far. I worked hard on the finish. two coats of oil/varinish with wet sanding on the second coat. five coats of wiping poly thinly wipped on with methods from french polish. rubbed out with maroon scotch brite and then steel wool. then a final coat of wax.

IMG_97181.jpg

IMG_97511.jpg

IMG_97531.jpg

IMG_97471.jpg

IMG_97442.jpg

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Victor, those came out real nice. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I love the look of exposed finished BB plys on stuff.

Congrats on the new, and extremely, cute baby. :eek:ccasion1

Brian.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Victor,
I used to read John's blog religiously :) . Your speakers look nice. Building speakers got me hooked on WW!

And your child is lovely!
Thanks for sharing.
Salem

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Are there speakers there? All I see is a beautiful new North Carolina Woodworker In Training.... Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!!!!!!

victoon

New User
Victor
Victor,
I used to read John's blog religiously :) . Your speakers look nice. Building speakers got me hooked on WW!

And your child is lovely!
Thanks for sharing.
Salem

same here! I can really identify with his philosophy (scientific approach, simple, elegant, works well, everything in moderation). :eek:ccasion1

I build one pair for on-wall placement in the baby room and another as near field on my computer desk. they all have reduced BSC Xovers.

victoon

New User
Victor
Victor, those came out real nice. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I love the look of exposed finished BB plys on stuff.

Congrats on the new, and extremely, cute baby. :eek:ccasion1

Brian.

Thanks! not everyone likes exposed ply edges. :embaresse but I hate working with MDF, the most common choice. avoiding chip out with round over seemed mission impossible before :BangHead:. but I got lucky this time.

victoon

New User
Victor
Are there speakers there? All I see is a beautiful new North Carolina Woodworker In Training.... Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!!!!!!

Thanks, Tracy! the past week has been the busiest days in my life, but also the happiest. it actually feels like the best vacation ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS