B&D Drill bet set...

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Just got paid from a commission and it is time to get some new dirll bits. I saw this online but have never purchased Black & Decker bits before. I think it has the quick connects but not totally sure. Thoughts?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=278288-70-71-740&lpage=none

028877540474.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You are paying for a bunch of screw drivers that you probably don't need and getting only a few drill bits which are probably of dubious quality.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have a set like that. It's worth getting as a starter set. The spade bits tend to dull/ burn quickly, but they're OK for incidental use. The screw driver bits wear out pretty quick, especially the regular slotted/ philips head ones. But it's nice to have all the odd shapes and sizes. Twist bits aren't great for WW, but they'll make a hole.

In other words, treat it like a starter router bit set. Replace the items you use a lot (and wear out) with high quality stuff. For example, I bought a good 3/4" spade bit when I drilled my bench dog holes. But the other sizes - I use those once a blue moon.

The price is OK. On sale, you can find a set like this for $20.

If you're buying it just for the drill bits, you're better off with the Woodcraft brad point set that's currently on sale for $30. Or get a bunch of bits from Harbor Freight.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
ok ok,,I need to find a Plasma center, sell my hand planes, and not eat and I can afford the bits. You will love the Brads. God bless my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS