Ash Dowels, Danish Cord, and Lineberry Carts

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
I hit the Jackpot, well kind of. I have purchased several lots from a chair company that closed in Statesville recently. Now I have to go pick up everything. The bulk of what I am picking up are Ash dowels, 1 1/2"- 2" dia x 24-36" long; Danish cord; and there are quite a few Lineberry style factory carts. I have more than I will need and I plan to sell some of it. I'll be going to Statesville Tuesday 4/16 and returning home to Jacksonville that afternoon. If anyone would like to meet somewhere along interstate 40 please let me know. I don't have room for everything would love to unload some of it. If anyone would like to meet us in Statesville Tuesday mid day to help load the 20' truck, I will give some of this away. I'm not sure it will all fit in our rental truck.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Image 1.jpeg
    Image 1.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
You planning on getting rid of the Lineberry carts?
yes, I have no need for them. There are 8 carts. I need to see them in person to see what condition they are in, but I am thinking I will sell them starting at $100 a piece. If they are in great condition, I may ask more.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Keep me posted on the price please, i would be interested in one or maybe two depending on the price and condition

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
Keep me posted on the price please, i would be interested in one or maybe two depending on the price and condition
where are you located? Are you willing to pickup in Swansboro / Jacksonville area, or do you need to meet me on my way back from Statesville Tuesday?

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Is that cord used for weaving seats? If so, I might be interested in a roll or 2. I have 5 rocking chairs that need new seats.

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
Is that cord used for weaving seats? If so, I might be interested in a roll or 2. I have 5 rocking chairs that need new seats.
Yes, it's mostly paper chord. I think there will be a few different sizes and colors including some rope. This came from a rocking chair company. I'm not quite sure what size rolls these are, by the looks of it, it is either 10# or 20# per roll. If it's 10# I will sell them $100 per roll. 20# will probably be $175. Where are you located?

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
It was good to meet you today Wyatt. The timing for our meet went very smoothly. The cart was just what my daughter is looking for. Now all I need is for her to decide what she wants it to look like , as a coffee table.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Hate I couldn’t make it work to meet today, I’ve restored a lineberry cart before and use it as my coffee table currently. I went with cleaning the rust off repainting all the metal and getting all new wood

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Are you coming to the picnic?
We could add any donations to the excess to the (coming soon) silent auction.

I could be interested in some dowels and a cart.

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
Are you coming to the picnic?
We could add any donations to the excess to the (coming soon) silent auction.

I could be interested in some dowels and a cart.
sorry I'm not planning to be at the picnic, it's a little far for me. If you are ever in Swansboro get in touch.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Understand, 3+ hrs for me. And the bbq is good.

Thank you

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
I have to ask the obvious question..... What are you planning to do with all of those ash dowels?
I have a chair that I make that I can use a lot of these parts for. I will undoubtably find more uses in the future, I'm not too worried about ideas. One of the parts just needs sanding and will make a wonderful French rolling pin. I will also be selling some of the parts to other woodworkers and furniture makers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors