Ash borer in Wayne Cty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Just a heads up. Wayne County, NC has just been put under quarantine for the Emerald Ash Borer Beetle. No parts of an Ash tree can be taken out of the county. Bad news as they seem to be spreading.

Go

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Good to know... I've not sawed any good quality NC ash. The logs have too many PPB and glass worms. Now EAB :( ash in NC has a hard life doesn't it?

Calm seas never made a good Capitan

SubGuy

New User
Zach
How sad....EAB is a terrible thing. I had to pass on some wonderful ash slabs at a stupidly cheap price because of quarantine from EAB, even if there wasn't a quarantine, I wouldn't bring that bad voodoo down in my area...

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I do remember hearing about it being in Virginia last year and thought it was just a matter of time before we had them. We have several ash trees in the yard and according to the map, those critters are only about 30 miles or so from us.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I do remember hearing about it being in Virginia last year and thought it was just a matter of time before we had them. We have several ash trees in the yard and according to the map, those critters are only about 30 miles or so from us.

You're probably ok but you should be vigilant. See the section above: How does EAB spread?. Mostly humans transporting infected ash wood out of a quarantined area.

Steve Wall Lumber is in Rockingham Cty, pretty well out of the quarantine areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS