As a Site programmer or an Admin, how do I do my job

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cPanel, the site's controlling software (not to be confused with admincp) has been a primary tool for us to perform many of tasks that we do. Unfortunately, it is a single user system. There can't be multiple users and/or roles. One user id/password and ALL the power. So under the better security, that I want to impose, only Monty & myself will have access to that software.

The programmers and occasionally the admins need to upload & download software, etc and files. The same is true of maintaining the SQL DB. Most of you have used cPanel's facilities to do this. Now, you'll have to learn different ways to accomplish these tasks.

The security is organized around FTP (File Access) and SQL access. I recommend that each of you will need these functions, find a FTP Client program and a SQL client program.

For FTP, there are many. WS_FTP, Cute_FTP, Windows Network Neighborhood, and many others. Most are free, some have a minor cost. For SQL, MySQL Query Browser and Administrator are the programs of Choice

Also you should reread these threads
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10091

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10525

Will you are included in the Menu list

Oh, one other thing, File Management. Any decent GUI FTB will give you the basics. Anything else you'll have to ask me or Monty. I will look into shell access so you can do the rest.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Did I forget to log out of cPanel? :eusa_doh: Just kidding. I understand completely. So Steve, based on the two threads that you included in your post, do you want me to download a copy of the menu program and register it with your license?

I just installed the MYSQL GUI tools.

Will

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Did I forget to log out of cPanel? :eusa_doh: Just kidding. I understand completely. So Steve, based on the two threads that you included in your post, do you want me to download a copy of the menu program and register it with your license?

I just installed the MYSQL GUI tools.

Will
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS