Arrrggg...I hate hardware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Yeah, they did, but I knew they were going to. It's spalted Beech and I got if from Jeff cheaper than I could buy Poplar. I just wanted to mess with my folks a little to see if they really could paint it.
Actually it's a bit too busy for my taste, and I wasn't consistent on the spalting wrapping around the piece.

Dave:)

Painted... with latex even :gar-Cr

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
"I wasn't consistent on the spalting wrapping around the piece"

Dave:smile:

I see that, but I still think I would like it more than I would with paint, but that just MTCW.

By the way, That cherry cabinet, whew... Is sure B-E-A-utiful~!!! Is it Black cherry, reg cherry? Or is there a difference?

Sincerely,

DavidF

New User
David
Great recovery Dave, I am sure you are happier now than with a "fix" great job, the cabinet looks just fine.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Nice work DaveO. I found this link after the problem was solved so I'm not much help. However Whirlpool has a fix for this kind of problem as seen in their new fridges. These have two doors on top and the freezer on the bottom. They have a spacer piece that rides in a cam at the top and either door can be opened. A bit complicated but quite clever. The spacer piece swings away by a spring when you open the door.
www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/Fridge1.jpg

www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/fridge2.jpg

lottathought

New User
Michael
Silly question due to not having seen the hinges...and also being in a hurry at work and not reading every post...

Can you possibly put a shim..or washer in where you mount the hinge and adjust this gap out that way?
You would not have to add anything to the doors that people see that way.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great fix Dave. Next time, avoid the problems altogether by making both the drawers AND the doors fake :) Also discourages junk hoarding :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS