Archway material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
I've got a deck that extends out over the basement at the lake. I'd like to install decorative arches between the support posts. I am flipflopping on what material to use for the arches. I thought about MDO, masonite, and exterior plywood. It will be painted/stained white.

I also can't decide whether to use two panels per bay, one on the front side of the 6x6 and another on the back, or just one on the front, or just one centered in a rabbeted frame.

Who's done this, what material did you use, single panel or double, and please include all the DAMHIKT details.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
I have not built one and it sure sounds like it would be fun. A suggestion for you - consider using one of the newer composite trim boards instead of wood. They cut similar to wood but will not have the maintenance headaches. Check one out here: http://tinyurl.com/yv9xch.

You could make a sandwich up using PTSYP for a core and this for the veneer. Good luck with whatever you decide to do - and don't forget to post your pix when done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors