Apple Wood Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD

New User
Jim
I'm always interested in what my compatriots think.

Reaction to this as a Christmas gift for my dad? Had a day off yesterday and decided to try using an old piece of Apple that I had been sitting on for a while.

The mix of sap and heart wood really seemd to set it off.

Attachments

• P1010037-1.jpg
    P1010037-1.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 145

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think it's beautiful. As I start making more pens I realize how difficult it is to get good figure in the pen. Sure you can take a nice piece of figured wood, but by the time you turn it down to the size of a pen, almost all that figure is gone. You've got a lot going on in that small package. Your Dad will be proud to receive such a nice pen as a gift. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Another very nice pen:eusa_clap
It seams as if everyone is making all these pens and each and every one that I have seen is very nice:icon_thum
So I am just glad I dont have a lathe and can not get caught on that slope:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Another very nice pen:eusa_clap
It seams as if everyone is making all these pens and each and every one that I have seen is very nice:icon_thum
So I am just glad I dont have a lathe and can not get caught on that slope:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A very slippery slope indeed, Earl!!!!

I sure have been very, very impressed with the individuality and the beauty of all of these pens!!! Lathe? Me? Perhaps next year about this time. I think that the old 2006 tool budget is about exhausted!

Perhaps some day!:oops:

Very nice pen, JRD!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Wayne

J

jeff...

Great looking pen and love that grain :icon_thum, a great gift for your father.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Great looking pen. I am sure your Dad will be very proud of it. Makes me wish I could turn.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice looking pen. I have some apple wood that I have set aside for a few pens as Xmas gifts. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS