New User
Nick
Jeff stopped buy this morning with a load of wood
DSC00487.JPG

NC Woodworkers shooting the breeze

DSC00488.JPG

Peter O, Dave O, Jeff, Bob N, and China Woody
DSC00489.JPG

And yellofins stopped by and dropped off a box of FF biscuits sorry no photo so it did not happen :rolf:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang Nick, you're faster at posting than I. Thanks for taking the pics. Hate for folks not to believe us :-D
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Nick, thanks for opening up your shop so we could meet at your place this morning. I'm no turning expert; I don't even own a lathe. But I know a good bowl / vase when I see it. Nick showed me some his turnings and I was amazed at the quality of his work. The walls were so thin, I thumped one of his turnings with my finger nail and it played a C#.

I still want to know what Bob is going to do with those table top slabs. I asked him that same question and he said "turn them". Granted Bob has a monster sized lathe and all, but I'm still curious, maybe he's going to turn a round table top or a platter, or ?.?.?.:eusa_thin.

You all did well, I only came home with 1/4 bucket of pen blanks. Would have liked it more if the bucket was empty, but I understand, not all of them were that good. Everyone likes freebee's and with all the cool pens you guys have been cranking out, I couldn't resist.

Nick thanks for the 5 pens, my 3rd oldest daughter who is in charge of US Marine care packages claimed one and will send the other 4 to our Marines next week. She says thank you very much:icon_thum.

Ya'll have fun turning stuff, it was great meeting everyone and thanks again, Nick I had a good time.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
It was great to meet some new and familiar faces today. I had the neighbors talking all day. I glued up some pen blanks and will turn them tomorrow :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors