Apex wood drop off some of the wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
The loot, Loads of pen blanks :eusa_danc
DSC00491.JPG

I also received 5- 11 x 11 x 6 curly sycamore bowl blanks :icon_thum :eek:ccasion1

DSC00492.JPG

I am shore the other members that received wood will be posting

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Man, that's gonna make some pretty turning. I must fight the urge to turn...have to do flat work.
Dave:)

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Nick and Jeff...it was a pleasure meeting you.
Dave, Nice seeing you again.
I got back home and went to cleaning out the workshop.
The pen blanks and turning blank will have to wait.
Ron

J

jeff...

Was great meeting everyone. You guys be careful turning those bowl blanks, there's a lot of weight there spinning around.

If it's not to much to ask, as you guys get some time to work the bowl blanks, post some pics. It's always cool to see what you guys do with them and it really helps me get a handle on what makes a better blank than others. Please don't hold back if somethings good or bad let me know.

Thanks

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

This is a couple from the pen blanks that you dropped off. I will be working on one of the bowl blanks next week I will post WIP pictures. I will need to rough then soak in DNA and let dry for about 3 -4 weeks after that.

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00494.JPG

DSC00496.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

The photos are not that good this time and do not do justices to the wood

J

jeff...

Great job on the pens:icon_thum. I see you must have pick up an spalted american elm blank. You guys amaze me, you really don't know how close I am to buying a lathe. But I'm kinda waiting to see the prototype Mike Davis comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors