Anyone use Veritas Beading Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Saw this and thought it looked like a good idea. Anyone use one.
moz-screenshot.jpg

05p0450s1.jpg

I first saw this but at $522.00 for the starter kit or $5,223.05 for the full kit its a little out of my range. :rotflm:

resize_1101-184-14.jpg

Seems like they both accomplish roughly the same thing.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Bryan, I've got one and it works OK but the wood must be very straight grained to get a good job.I've got a cheaper tool from Woodcraft that works just as well. The Veritas looks better than it works.

striker

New User
Stephen
I don't have the Veritas tool but it looks spiffy. I like the large fence. I have the LN beader which I break out from time to time. Mostly I use a scratch stock made from scrap wood and a piece of scraper blade. These can be tailored to the application at hand.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
I use a stanley 66, it works great. I moded the fence on it adding a longer wooden one. I just make sure to take small cuts and keep the blades super sharp, and when my hacksaw blades get dull they get cut up into blanks for the 66. They are not very much, I think I picked up one of mine off of ebay for 11.00, it needed some work.

striker

New User
Stephen
This is an image sent to me by Rob Millard (americanfederalperiod.com). I think this speaks to his opinion of elaborate tools.

Scratching_the_groove_for_the_stringing1.jpg
p:

02blues

New User
john
point well made.Wow. What a web site.
Bryan,I will say I have a veritas spoke shave that is amazing.I'll bet their beading tool is pretty nice to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors