Anyone set up to resaw 14.5"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
Edit: Never Mind The Below. 10 minutes ago I got a call from Randalwoods out on the left coast and they found something that is perfect for what I want to do. 15x21x3/4 and 1/3 the cost of that other piece. So I'm going to avoid having to resaw and thickness quilted maple, they did it before they called to say they were sending a picture.

Sorry to take up space! Mods can delete this thread anytime :)

Todd

Hey all,

Been away busy for quite a bit. Few months job training in Virginia, then settling into a new job and such. So sadly, it's pure selfishness that brings me back, I need a little help.

Starting to line up wood for an electric guitar for my daughter, and debating between a piece of quilted maple that's 14.5" x 18" x 1 5/16" and another piece that's 5/8" thick. I'll only buy the thicker one if I can find a way to resaw it and get two tops from it.

I thought someone here might be able to do it or know where I could get it done. Sorry to impose even before I buy the wood!

Thanks,
Todd

PS) This is one of the pieces: http://www.nwtimber.net/ViewProduct.asp?ProductCode=NWT431a Yeah I know, silly expensive :slap:

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome back, Todd!
Good to know all is well :icon_thum
Besides, we gained a couple of luthiers since you've been away. And a harpsichord maker :yes4lo:

I could give you links, but it will be more fun if you have to find them yourself :wtongue:

Cheers,
Roger

Toddler

New User
Todd
Welcome back, Todd!

I could give you links, but it will be more fun if you have to find them yourself :wtongue:

Cheers,
Roger

Hi Roger,
Hope you've been well!
Looking forward to showing you guys the results of my beginner mistakes pretty soon!
:crossedlips:
Todd

Toddler

New User
Todd
The prices on some of those make me cringe, but I think of it as buying a small piece of mother nature's artwork.

The one I decided to buy was around $30/board foot. That still seems pricey if you consider it as just a piece of maple, but finding a single board with fairly even strong quilt across a 15 inch width is hard, and I think it was a bargain! Bookmatches are much easier to find.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS