Anyone know the wiring for an old Dayton 1HP motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joneill

New User
Jeff
I need to convert it down to 110 but I can't find the wiring info anywhere and haven't done this before. The model is KS63CLD-2375 No. 6K232 if that helps... Thanks!

joneill

New User
Jeff
Found one for sale online slightly newer which had a diagram on the tag - hoping it looks the same when I dig into the motor. In case anyone else needs to know-

attachment.php

Attachments

• Joiner Wiring.png
    Joiner Wiring.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 732

Ed D

New User
Ed
I recommend asking over at owwm.org. there is a forum there called "Everything Electrical", and they deal mostly with old motors in connection with old woodworking machines. Lots of expertise there.
Ed

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
On some motors I've rewired, I found the diagram on the inside of the cover you remove to do the rewiring. Anyhow, hope you git 'er done Jeff.

joneill

New User
Jeff
On some motors I've rewired, I found the diagram on the inside of the cover you remove to do the rewiring. Anyhow, hope you git 'er done Jeff.

You were right it was on the inside cover; and it matched the one I had found. I got it up and running (not sure about wiring into the 220 switch so I just went white to white and black to black and ground to the frame).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors