Anyone interested in a Darra James cabinet saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
Posting on behalf of a friend, she's looking to sell her father's cabinet saw as soon as possible. I took some pictures this morning. This is in Franklinton. Please let me know if anyone is interested and I'll send more details. My apologies for the fuzzy pictures, my phone doesnt have the greatest camera.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_2582.jpg
    IMG_2582.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 412

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Ahhhhh. . .if only.
If only I had the space. . .
If only I had the money . . .
If only it wasn't so far away . . .

It would complement my Darra-James jointer and I would even put up with 1950s tech if only . . .

awldune

Sam
User
Hope you got a good price and the new owner will put it back to work :)

I was tempted to make you an offer but I have no way to get it home.

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
Thanks @awldune. I was selling it for a friend, she talked money matters with the buyer. Three of us (buyer, me and his son in law?) moved that thing into his truck, must have been fun to watch.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Hope you got a good price and the new owner will put it back to work :)

I was tempted to make you an offer but I have no way to get it home.
I was the lucky one to get the saw and have every intention of putting it back to use. As Yogi mentioned i took 3 of us to load. We ended up removing the motor and then set it on a pallet in the back of my truck upside down so I could use the tractor to unload. Getting it out of the truck was easy. Flipping it back upright... not so easy as I was by myself this time. But I succeeded. Now it is in the carport in front of the shop. Still thinking of the best method to get it inside w/o damaging the cast iron base.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I think you've found yourself a real gem David; I hope you get a lot of good, satisfactory use from the saw....I'm envious!

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
If you were closer, I'd offer to come over and help. But, here's my solution to moving anything: harbor freight dolly (https://www.harborfreight.com/mater...00-lb-capacity-polypropylene-dolly-69566.html) :)

If you have a mobile base like the ones Grizzly sells, you could assemble it around the base of the table saw and just slide it in. Assuming you don't have any steps or slopes in your path.

I was the lucky one to get the saw and have every intention of putting it back to use. As Yogi mentioned i took 3 of us to load. We ended up removing the motor and then set it on a pallet in the back of my truck upside down so I could use the tractor to unload. Getting it out of the truck was easy. Flipping it back upright... not so easy as I was by myself this time. But I succeeded. Now it is in the carport in front of the shop. Still thinking of the best method to get it inside w/o damaging the cast iron base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS