Anyone cut the bottom out of your dust collector bag?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Watched this video several weeks ago, Concept looks great, but the proof is in the pudding. My main DC is a cyclone over a 30 gallon metal trash can. My other DC is a portable unit that TWA uses at the Toys for Tots workshop. It's always been emptied when I come to pick up my tools and cords, so I don't know how they empty it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I purchased some 55 gallon drum liner bags from Home Depot and found them to be larger in diameter than my Jet dust collector bags on the DC. When its time to empty the DC bag, I step outside and place the drum liner bag over the top of the Jet DC bag and then flip it emptying into the drum liner bag. Give the DC bag a shake to release any fines and reinstall on DC. Drum liner bag goes out with trash!

HDX 55 Gal. Clear Heavy-Duty Flap Tie Drum Liner Trash Bags (40-Count) HD55WC040C - The Home Depot

Wayne

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Those look like they might work to us as a disposable DC bag.

The attraction of that method in the video is that you don't have to go through the hassle of clamping a bag back on the DC every time you want to empty it.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
I tried this out and it works, though it can still be messy to empty if you're not careful. It may be the way I had the clamps situated, but they eventually wore a hole in the DC bag. I just replaced the bag. I used it until this past summer when I upgraded my entire system to a large cyclone on top of a 55 gal drum.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I did the filter upgrade years ago. Made a huge improvemwnt. The pail and trash bag may be the next upgrade.

Millmarks

Doug
Corporate Member
I did this method for a couple of years. It works but can be messy. I still had to vacuum dust up when done.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS