Any diamond in the rough budget 12" disc sanders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Looking in the $200 price point, so that puts me at the Delta, Rikon, or similar.

Just curious if there are any gems out there in this price range that really stand above the others. A good solid work surface and true sanding plate are really the requirements. I'm not in need of a high HP since it's mostly for small work.

Thanks!

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I have a combo disc/belt sander now, but I'm finding that the 6" paper gets fouled out too fast and I rarely use the belt portion. I'm hoping a larger sander will extend the usability of a sheet before I have to change it.

g0a

New User
Joey
Ive had the harbor freight 12" sander for about 9 years. Converted the disc from psa to velcro and never looked back

TedAS

New User
Ted
I purchased the Rikon 12" sander 2 years ago. The disk had very bad runout so I took it back to Klingspor and exchanged for another one. That one had run out as well but not as bad. I contacted Rikon about the problem. They shipped a replacement plate 2 days later. they told me that they searched through a pallet of machined plates before they found one that they felt was acceptable. The new plate was not perfect but it was useable.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Check out Grizzly G7297. $185 shipped to your door. Same unit as Rikon as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS