Anti Fatigue Mats

Kelly

Kelly
User
Time to replace mine. They are held together by years of epoxy, BLO, sawdust, blood, sweat and tears. I tried to pressure wash them and they came apart in big clumps.
I looked at Lowe’s, Amazon and several online sources. Those things have gotten expensive.
Any recommendations ?

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
+2 on the Tractor Supply mats. Although the ones I got are approx 2'x2 square and interlock... came in a five pack....pretty light and certainly would not hold up to a ton of heavy traffic. I do not see them on their website so quite possible they no longer carry them.

Last edited:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
The tractor supply matts are good, and sometimes go on sale. (They work very well for a non-slip mat for a pick-up truck bed as well). Easiest way I found to cut them is with a straight edge and a box cutter.

Two downsides: When new, they have a strong rubber odor that takes a while to wear off. Also, they are heavy. The 4'x6' one weighs in at close to 100 lbs.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
RepurposeMaterials in Williston SC has a plethora of interlocking tiles: USED Plastic Interlocking Sports Court Tiles | repurposedMATERIALS
I don't know anything about these.

They also have bundles of industrial belting. Just had a thought that might work of anti-fatigue mats but really don't know.

TSC usually runs sales on stall mats during Thanksgiving week.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I think it depends on how you will use them. If putting heavy equipment on them in adddition to your walk/work space, stall mat type material for sure.

I found some much softer/flexible used interlocking mats, similar to old flip/flop material because I only use them in work and walk zones. All my equipment sits on the concrete floor.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used to see them at Big Lots but haven't been in in awhile. Might look at Ollie's or HF as well. Don't have them everywhere but definitely a plus in areas where standing for long periods is done. And not under stationary machines is definitely a yes.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Not sure if it is what you're looking for but these Rockler mats are on sale for $30 each. I just ordered 2 of them on Friday but they have not arrived yet so I cant speak to the quality but the reviews seemed very positive on line. They are 2'x5' . Rockler Anti-Fatigue Mat, 2' x 5'

prototype3a

Drew
User
I've wanted to try these out but the only RK "near" me that stocks them is the one in Bristol and so... not exactly local but I do travel by there from time to time.

also seems they are on sale right now...

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I buy the gym mats that link together. Get 'em at Sams. Got 'em all over the shop. Cheap and work good, you can link together in a pattern you need.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The low density foam mats also work great for protecting solid core flush commercial doors from damage while hanging. They are usually moved around on the jobsite with either a drywall dolly or a home made door dolly horizontally. Once near their opening and the hinges are installed on the door they must be stood vertically. In doing so, it is very easy to damage a corner or the edge of the butterfly wing thickness veneer. It has saved many a door for me. I use the interlocking mats in my shop for perimeter traffic and walking areas not subject to welding. The reconfiguration option for these make them a positive for me. also, the ease of cutting when needed. Sad that the medium density multicolored playroom mats for children aren't compatible with the black ones.

iclark

Ivan
User
I buy the gym mats that link together. Get 'em at Sams. Got 'em all over the shop. Cheap and work good, you can link together in a pattern you need.
I don't remember seeing gym mats at Sams. Do you have a link?
I let my membership lapse during the pandemic, but I hope to be outfitting a new shop this fall. Could be worth rejoining.

I have seen the interlocking squares at BJ's occasionally. I would expect them to be back in stock when they get their back-to-school stuff in.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS