Another small CNC request

Kelly

Kelly
User
I was asked to make a presentation box for a retiring local official. It will contain a special keepsake for him. I want to put a panel on the inside of the top that says “ In appreciation…….”.
App. 6” x 6” .
I am in Reidsville. Can someone help me, please?

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
I am not sure what you are asking for ....
BUT, I have a CNC and 4 lasers that could also fit the bill.

Could you give a little more info.

Echd

C
User
I'm just outside of town and have a cnc and laser. Let me know some specifics and I can doodle it up. Whether cut or lasered that should be a quick job.

Kelly

Kelly
User
On a 6” x 6” price of walnut plywood, I need to engrave “ Presented to Chief David Bracken by the City Council of the City of Reidsville in honor and appreciation for 35 years of exemplary leadership and service”
This the 12th of September, 2023.
I don’t know enough about how you do what you do. But I have made a presentation box of walnut. I don’t think a brass plaque would compliment the box so I want wood.
Can you help ?

Last edited:

Echd

C
User
That's simple enough. Did you want it lasered or cut? Raised or recessed?

If you will draw it on a piece of paper and identify a font that also gives a better basis to go on as well.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
CNC'ing plywood will show the layers ... not very pretty.
Lasering Walnut plywood could be dark on dark. Depending on how deep the laser cuts.

I think either method is going to require some color to make the lettering "pop".

Echd

C
User
Yes, cutting plywood is typically not optimal for engravings. Not to mention the potential for voids or tearout. If the piece isn't super dark a laser can be okay.

A v inlay or some form of fill would probably be preferable for walnut as a base wood.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors