Another secret sauce pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Here's my results. The blank drilled well. It turned a little more brittle than regular sycamore I have turned in the past. There was some pretty good sized voids "under the covers" of the surface of the original blank. I filled them in with some fine sawdust from the turning of the blank. I like this blank alot. It takes more work to turn due to having to stop and fill the voids, but the results are worth it. (yeah yeah.. picture sucks.. I know)

secret_sauce_sierra.jpg

J

jeff...

Clay that's a beautuful pen 8-O. I'm glad to hear the blanks are working. Could you tell you were working with punky wood?

clowman

Clay Lowman
Only at one place in the center of this pen. There was a significant void, and I could tell when I ran into it. The rest was pretty hard, but still turned well.

J

jeff...

Ok so the sauce didn't penetrate the whole blank. Would you like to try a sample from the 2nd batch? I sauced those under pressure. That’s a beautiful pen, despite the blank not being all it could be.

Thanks

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
wow...that is really nice. Nice choice of pen styles, too. the black really brings out the spalting, making it look marbled. Nice job, Clay!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Man, I need to try another style pen than a Slimline. Clay that really looks awesome. Great job!!!

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
If you're interested Dave.. I have 10 baron kits on order.. should get them in Feb sometime. I can bring all the accessories needed for you to turn one if you want to give that a try.

Like this one, but the ordered kits are chrome and satin nickle.
black_ti_walnut_baron.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yes, yes I would. And those kits are in my favorite platings also :icon_thum :icon_thum I really would like to try one of the better kits before committing to a new mill, bit , bushings etc. that is needed to upgrade from a lowly slimline.
Thanks,

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS