Another First

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
Looks nice. It fun to watch ones work evolve piece. With each piece you see things that you did not know thst you did not know. I made seal nice enough bix before I knew to check the saw fence for square to a blade, or adjust the miter saw or to not assume a oeice of wood is flat or square just cuz it looks it and came from a cabinet shop scraps. Now I just need to be sure not to glue the top to the bottom and the bottom to the top when the top is already on. Did that the other day while chatting with the wife..I flipped thw box over and set it down on the glue before either realized I was gluing the bottom to the installed sliding lid. Seems we all have our days.
I would suggest next, if you plan to do more spline to get a flat top ground saw blade. It will make the make the slot for the spline sharper without the V from the alternate bland bevel. I never noticed it until may dad showed me.. I use the Freud one from klingspor. It seems to work well and was within my budget. It will also allow you to do labels and dados and finger joints on the table saw.

Great job though. Love the coloration in the cherry.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
My goto for a sharp groove (or dado) is one of the blades from a box joint set. Clean cut with sharp, square corners.

1075tech

Tim
Senior User
I would suggest next, if you plan to do more spline to get a flat top ground saw blade. It will make the make the slot for the spline sharper without the V from the alternate bland bevel
Thanks for the tip. I picked up a Diablo 50T combination blade. Every 5th tooth is flat.

I looked at a few others but they were above my budget right now.

This one worked great making the spline cuts for the coaster boxes.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Another option for a flat bottom is this TCG blade. It is on my tablesaw most of the time and cuts sweetly. Got it at Cary Klingspor for under $40.
IMG_4853.jpeg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS