Animated Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
I'm new to NCWW, so I realize I have a lot to learn to find my way around here. Please help.

My scrollsaw avatar is an animated clip art with the scrollsaw moving up and down.

It doesn't display this way on the site.

Does the site not support animated clip art?

If it does, please tell me what I need to do to make it work properly.

Thanks,

Roy

JCraig

New User
Jerry
The site does support animated avatar, but for the life of me I don't remember how I got mine to work.

ehpoole

Ethan
You may have a shot if you can avoid resizing (less than 130x130px), but no animated GIF file is going to survive the resizing process if starts out oversized as only the first frame will be used.

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
You may have a shot if you can avoid resizing (less than 130x130px), but no animated GIF file is going to survive the resizing process if starts out oversized as only the first frame will be used.

Ethan,

I think you have the answer. My scrollsaw animation is 170 x 152. When I when to Photoshop to resize it, it said it would only display the first frame. So no go.

Jerry,
Your plane animation is 119 x 41, so it accepted it. I like it.

I'm going to try to change my avatar to something smaller and see it I can make it work. I still like my scrollsaw and may later change back.
I just want to find out for the group what works.

Thanks,
Roy

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
Well it also changed all the old post to the new avatar.

Anyway we know that if it is less than 130 x 130 it will work.

Thanks Ethan

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Roy, there are several programs that can be used to edit and animate gifs. One of those I what you need. But it has been so long I don't remember their names.. Sorry.

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
Thanks Steve,

I'll check it out. Maybe I can come up with a scrollsaw that will work here.

I don't really like the hammer & nail avatar.

Roy

FlyingRon

Ron
The avatar (and all the information below it as well as your signature) is not saved with each post. It's inserted by Vbulletin when things are displayed to the reader. If you change any information, the changed information appears on all your posts at the same time.

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
Thanks John.

I finally got it working again. After the crash I lost it as well as the pictures I had posted.

For those interested that might have the same problem, I renamed the file and uploaded it again, the saved it. Viola

I have an RBI Hawk and a Delta that is a copy of the DeWalt. The Avatar is just a clip art picture I found on the internet. Looks more like a Hegner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors