Angles, angles and more Angles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I thought that I would share another completed project with you all.
www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/611/thumbs/Light_House_no_paint.jpg

Light_House_no_paint.jpg

Ok, almost done, still needs painting, but have to wait for the wood to dry out a bit more.
What do you all think.
I think it looks sharp for being made out of 3/4" treated plywood, 1 2x4, and 2 sticks of 1x4.
Wife loves it, but so does my Mom, MIL, SIL, sister, neighbors, neighbors I didn't know I had, LOL.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That looks FANTASTIC! I remember seeing on PBS a few years ago a program about this fellow out somewhere on Cape Hatteras that made replicas of NC lighthouses. He supplemented his other income quite nicely as I recall. I bet you could sell a bunch of those!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
It looks super, John. Just don't do a me: take the chain accent down before painting.:BangHead:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Wow, that's nice, John! What are the dimensions, just for perspective? I really like the design elements you added.
As Pete noted, bet you could sell a boat load of those:eusa_danc.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

That looks great. That's one I can NOT let LOML see. I already can't keep up with the projects I the list now.

Ray

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hot didgeridoo! That DOES look sharp. Fabulous! :eusa_clap

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very well done, Mac!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I'm with the others, money to be made selling them! You may need to set up an assembly line to crank 'em out.

Looks like you have the angle thing, nailed!!!!

Is that a light in the middle of the top? The spiny stuff, roof and chain really set it off.

Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Thanks all. I think That I might just try and sell a few.
My problem is though, once I make something after about the 4-5th time I do it, I get bored with it.
But maybe this time I'll give it a shot.

It is roughly 49 inches tall and about 18 1/2" wide at the base.
You can get the plans for it here: http://www.furnitureplans.com/pi_products/7000

I did find a couple of goofs in the plans that I made notes of. So if you do attempt this, watch their measurements, and angles.

But for the most part they are right on.
The first one that I made (see pic up top) is for a young women that celebrated her 51st Birthday and is going thru the ..... change......
She is having a hard time with it and is depressed.
So I thought that I would make this for her, and I don't mind telling you that it worked.
When I gave it to her last night, she hugged my neck so hard, she was shaking all over.
I was so happy that I could bring the light back into her eyes, and make her happy. It was the best THANKYOU in the whole world.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mac, you're a good man and a fine woodworker. You've worked some magic. You've made a hormonally challenged young woman happy, and BORG treated plywood flat and straight :yes:.
I love the lighthouse, if I can keep this thread from my wife's view hopefully I won't be making one also:roll:. I like the shaker pegs for the rope pylons :icon_thum

Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The lighthouse looks great! As for getting bored after 5 or 6 copies, you're supposed to call them 'limited edition' & move on to something else.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Man, that is way too cool for school!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And a very thoughtful gift, too.

(I can hardly make 4-5 of something before I lose interest...I've learned to scale back on Christmas WW gifts)

Chuck

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Well, Looks like Dick will be building another lighthouse. The last onr is ready to be replaced and yours sure is great looking.
Rita

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nice work John, the angles must have been a bear. To stave off boredom with repetiveness if you make a bunch vary the paint scheme. It is my understanding that lighthouses were traditionally painted different from each other for identification from sea during daylight hours. At night of course the light flash sequence was the identifier.:wsmile:

cranbrook2

New User
john
Great job John !! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I am a big fan of lawn ornaments . I built a 22 ft tall light house for my place a few years ago but a really bad wind storm brought it down about 8 months later . :dontknow: I should of tied it down.:eusa_thin:icon_scra:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors