Almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Got about 6 hours today in the shop ... and all I did for 5 hrs was sand. Unforunately, the sanding isn't over yet. I applied some Watco Danish Oil to the chair, but some spots need some more attention in the sanding department, so I'll let it dry then sand those down. After that, should have it complete! Getting anxious now!

However, that all waits until another day.:gar-La;

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Looks beautiful, Jeremy!:icon_thum You should be very proud of it.

If there was ever a good time to sand:roll: it would be on a rainy weekend.

Can't wait to see the final final...

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
That is going to be a very fine looking chair when completed. Thumbs up :thumbs_up for your efforts.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Hot coffee beans! That's looking really good:icon_thum-It's gonna look sweeeet with that beautiful walnut colour. Keep them pics coming-can't wait to come over and check it out.
Now all we have to do is get in touch with Woodguy and get him to get us those written plans so we can all build another:gar-Bi.

Later

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looking great Jeremy! 5 HOURS OF SANDING!!??? :swoon: Can't wait to see it all done. You'll be a' rockin' in no time! :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

Dwight

New User
Dwight
Jeremy,
You ROCK so to speak. Looks excellent
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

decibel

New User
Patrick
Nice work there Jeremy looks like it's coming a long quite a bit since last I saw it. You'll be done in no time keep up the pics so I can drool :icon_cheers.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Fantastic Jeremy.:icon_cheers
Is that just the Danish oil that made it change to that color?:eusa_thin It is sure is a beautiful piece. for sure.
As far as sanding for hours, don't that suck sometimes?:eek:
Part of the craft though.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Wow that's just stunning. It's almost like a scultpure you could stick somewhere on display. Do you have a spot in your home picked out for it yet?

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I am using the Watco Danish Oil. I opted for a "Dark Walnut" color since the walnut has some inconsistencies in color. I may be regretting that choice now ... only because in the past "color" is my downfall in finish. I've never used the Danish Oil before though ... so we'll see how it finishes up.

As for a place in my house ... no. Probably in my bonus room though.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Jeremy,

Great looking chair...you should be proud and I think the color looks great. It really "pops" the walnut.

Dan C.

bwat

New User
Bill
Awesome looking chair Jeremy!! I think you need to revisit the placement location though. You need to rock in this regularly for a while to enjoy the efforts of your labor - assuming you can find the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS