air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Does anyone out there have, or know where I can find, an affordable 3.5 hp air compressor (single or double stage)? Mine "dropped a rod" and I can almost buy a new compressor for the cost of fixing this one. It is mounted on a 60 gal tank.
Jim in Mayberry

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I've been looking at & comparing air compresors for a couple of years. The best bang for the buck I can come up with for my new shop is the Puma 3hp. 12cfm.@ 90psi. 60 gallon tank 2 cylinder Puma #PK6060V at Northern Tool for around $530. Northern Tool #305175

Pop Golden

Last edited:

ehpoole

Ethan
If the damage was not extensive you can rebuild a compressor in the very same way one would a small engine -- in fact many compressor castings are built around the same castings used for small engines (especially single-stage compressors). Quite often the parts are not all that expensive (and sometimes they are, all depends on what you require).

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
do you need just the pump? I have a brand new rol-air pump i would let go of for about half of new price if your pulley will fit the shaft. you will need a true 3-5HP motor to run it. got pics of your set up?

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Fred,
I don't know what the specs are on my compressor, but will check, although it will be a few days. I go into the hospital tomorrow morning for left hip replacement. As soon as I can get back down I will get in touch with you.
Thanks
Jim in Mayberry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,
I don't know what the specs are on my compressor, but will check, although it will be a few days. I go into the hospital tomorrow morning for left hip replacement. As soon as I can get back down I will get in touch with you.
Thanks
Jim in Mayberry

no rush Jim. hope you heal quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS