After Market laser line

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Is there a laser line attachment I can add on my Bosch CSMS? If so, where would I find it?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
There are a couple models out there- most, like the one pictured above, mount on the arbor. The disadvantage of the arbor ones is that the blade must be spinning for the laser to work (centrifugal switch). None of the lasers I have seen are very crisp and give as good alignment as setting the blade on the mark before starting the saw.

There are one or two frame-mounted lasers. There used to be one that had two laser lines that marked each side of the blade and were adjustable, but I couldn't find it. Dewalt makes an add-on single beam laser for their saws that adjusts to the or left/right side of the blade. You can get the single beam LaserKerf in 1/8" and 3/32" widths for normal and thin kerf blades which indicates both sides of the kerf. The link shows installation on a Bosch.

beforekerf_small.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Barb: I have the arbor mounted laser on my Bosch SCMS and love it. Does a nice job. They are available online from several sources.

:biggrin:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks guys and yes Mike, your link was exactly what I was talking about. I spent a good deal of internet time searching for prices and other types. Alan, I found the one like you mentioned but it was only for a specific DeWalt model. I didn't fine a frame mounted one anywhere else.
I ended up buying the one from Rockler because it says it can be used on most saw brands and I read a review on Amazon regarding that one and a Bosch owner had it and loved it. For $ 21 I'll take a chance.
I have to say that I am not very happy about needing the saw to be running for it to come on and then reset my work to it.:icon_scra We'll see and I'll review it here after i install and use it.

I appreciate the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS