Adirondeck Chair Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have just completed the construction of 6 Adirondeck Chairs at LOML's request. I attach pictures. I will start finishing them tonight. I expect it to take until next weekend to complete. The chairs are made from ERC I bought from Ridger at Easy Wake Hardwoods. I have a lot of cleaning to do in the shop.

Next up is a flag case and then a head board out of the Black Walnut I bought from Jeff.

Doug

Attachments

• chairs 001.jpg
    chairs 001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 124
  • chairs 002.jpg
    chairs 002.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 138
  • chairs 003.jpg
    chairs 003.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 128
  • chairs 004.jpg
    chairs 004.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 142
  • chairs 005.jpg
    chairs 005.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 121

CarlaG

New User
Carla
Beautiful Chairs Doug!! Looks like a honey-do project to me...wonder if I could talk Allen into making a set:eusa_thin Don't suppose you would want to share the plans for them would ya??:lol: Great job!! Would love to see them with the finish on them, be sure to post pics!! ~~Carla

J

jeff...

Man those look comfortable, kick back smell the cedar and be lazy on a hot summer day. All that missing is a beer holder :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Excellent work Doug, they look great. Those will be awesome on your back patio. What are you going to use as a finish???

Dave:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind comments. I was going to finish them with epoxy and ship varnish, but turns out I don't have enough on hand. So three coats of Spar Varnish is the plan. I got two chairs coated with one coat tonight.

Carla I am using Norm's plans that were in American Woodworker. You are welcome to borrow them.

I have made other designs before, but these work well. I cant wait until I am done and can move on to the next project.:eusa_pray

Doug

dozer

Mike
Great looking chairs Doug. Looks like some nice colored cedar spar varnish should do the trick.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Those look great, Doug. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You've been a busy man. I bet the shop smells nice now, huh?

Chuck

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Finished Chairs

Here are pics of all six chairs finished with three coats of Spar varnish.

Doug

Attachments

• chairs 006.jpg
    chairs 006.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 132
  • chairs 007.jpg
    chairs 007.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 129
  • chairs 008.jpg
    chairs 008.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 136
  • chairs 009.jpg
    chairs 009.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 124

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful, the finish really brings out the colors in the wood. I knew those would look great back there :icon_thum

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors