About 15 magazines - mostly Wood from 03-05 - FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Cleaning up - yeah, they have stuff in them I will probably wish I had someday, but if they were still here I probably wouldn't remember what's in them anyway. :)

Post if you want to claim some or all of them them. Please don't claim them if they will just collect dust at your house instead of mine. If 2 or 3 people reply then i will split them up by letting whoever shows first pick through (I don't think any are significantly better/worse).

Anyway, I think it's about 15 issues of WOOD, mostly from the '03-'05 timeframe, an issue of Workbench and an issue of Woodsmith. I live in Cary and work in Raleigh around North Hills and would drop them off if you are convenient to my route to/from work. Otherwise you need to come get them or line up the ponies.

If no one claims them, I will take them to the library and put them in the FREE bin.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Cleaning up - yeah, they have stuff in them I will probably wish I had someday, but if they were still here I probably wouldn't remember what's in them anyway. :)

Post if you want to claim some or all of them them. Please don't claim them if they will just collect dust at your house instead of mine. If 2 or 3 people reply then i will split them up by letting whoever shows first pick through (I don't think any are significantly better/worse).

Anyway, I think it's about 15 issues of WOOD, mostly from the '03-'05 timeframe, an issue of Workbench and an issue of Woodsmith. I live in Cary and work in Raleigh around North Hills and would drop them off if you are convenient to my route to/from work. Otherwise you need to come get them or line up the ponies.

If no one claims them, I will take them to the library and put them in the FREE bin.

I will take them if you are willing to ship at my expense.

CarvedTones

Andy
I will take them if you are willing to ship at my expense.

Post a request in the Pony Express forum first to see if someone happens to be going through Raleigh or Cary and Lillington. Besides saving a few dollars it's an opportunity to meet another NCWW. If no one responds for a few days, then we can arrange shipping instead.

CarvedTones

Andy
I have to admit that I am hanging on to some things that will collect dust for a while, but are likely to get some use someday - Srollsaw Workshop and Weekend Woodcrafts. Sometimes I think I am more of a crafter whose favorite medium is wood as opposed to a classical woodworker; I have no interest in making furniture :eek: :mrgreen: and that alone makes the WOOD issues mostly not all that relevant. The only ww'ing related mags I take now are Woodcarving Illustrated, which I just recently subscribed to, and Family Handyman. I have a fairly complete FH collection for the last several years, but those I do actually keep together and go back through. An ineresting aside about FH - I just went through the stack looking for info on remiving wallpaper and found none. They have a serious preference for drywall and paint - I bet I have at least a dozen article on each. They also seem to expect the average homeowner to build enough out buildings to incorporate as a municipality, have a warehouse sized garage lined with shelves, cabinets and rolling workbenches with room left over to park a few immaculate vehicles and put everything together with high powered cordless drill drivers. :) Kidding aside, I have learned a lot from that mag.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Andy, I have subscribed to Family Handyman for several years now. You are absolutely right that they seem to have several projects they "rehash" quite often. I still enjoy the mag, but wish they would have more of a variety in their projects.

CarvedTones

Andy
The interesting thing about FH is that mine often has Post It notes on a few pages when I get it. My wife usually brings the mail in before I get home and if she sees there is a new FH she will flip through it looking for things we need to check on or do around the house. I was always a renter before we got married and this house, which we have been in about 15 years, is my first as an owner. We had a townhouse for a while, but that was different. Despite the recurring themes in feature articles, the tips (often from other readers) and techniques in the regular columns have saved me a lot of money over the years by alerting me to preventive maintenance I need to do, showing me how to fix something instead of calling out a high priced pro or showing me how hard it was to do so I would call out the pros when needed. Definitely has paid for itself many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS