A wall on a wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprosser

New User
Rick
Here is my sketchup for the wall:
NoiseRoomWall2.jpg

It is a 2x6 wall, with offset 2x4 studs and a continuous 2x6 box header set @ 82 1/2 inches. I still have to rough-in a door.

Comments?

RayH

New User
Ray
Rick,

I got in late, so obviously don't understand the problem. But is there a reason you want to go the full height? Seems like topping it out with a ceiling at 8 feet or so would give you some nice storage above and avoid the structural wall issues.

Just thinking:icon_scra
Ray

reprosser

New User
Rick
Seems like topping it out with a ceiling at 8 feet or so would give you some nice storage above and avoid the structural wall issues.
Hmmm...It would make a nice storage area above.:eusa_thin

The height is mainly to get the cyclone up high so the piping will be up high and out of the way. I did not want to come out of the room at 8ft, then go uphill to get to the 14 ft ceiling and go across the shop to the drops for dust collection.

I don't think there would be any benefit for mounting the cyclone at 8 ft and running the pipe uphill...but...?:dontknow:

The room is 10x12, so I will have room for some high and low storage inside the room if needed.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Since you're considering more storage... (lucky dog!)... You might want to consider changing your doors to two 3'-0" or 2'-6" solid core slab doors, and give yourself plenty of access to your storage.

You can cut an opening in the door(s) for window(s) and come out pretty good on cost. Just add a sheet of plywood and/or gypsum to the inside and beef up the mass. If you go that way, lemme know, and I can post up part of the prints from the studio build to show you how to do the stops/gaskets to make em' as airtight as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS