A suggestion about donation posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Everyone is adding their pleas to the end of a long existing thread. Won't really help. That thread is long and and has been there for a while. For most people it is just noise. They probably don't even look at it anymore.

I humbly suggest a new thread with Doug's last post has the beginning. And then everyone Pile ON.:gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree. ALL past drives always seemed to hit a lull just like this one. All seemed to require jump starts with new threads/ appeals started by the Development Director and President. We have a great bunch of members but they sure need some pushing at times.

M

McRabbet

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I presume by now you noticed that I started a new thread and moved the last two posts to it.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. I presume by now you noticed that I started a new thread and moved the last two posts to it.

I noticed it thanks. I always seem to forget that it is tax time around now., and many are adverse to giving donations when they are not yet sure what there tax bill is. I'm the same way, but I forget other people can feel the same.:rotflm:

Anyway, in general, my advice is really about long threads where all or most posts are really the same. We all tend to turn off when that that type of thread pops up on the what's new list and there really isn't anything new. Just human nature. Of course, there a few of us who are not human...............:gar-La;

ehpoole

Ethan
Anyway, in general, my advice is really about long threads where all or most posts are really the same. We all tend to turn off when that that type of thread pops up on the what's new list and there really isn't anything new. Just human nature. Of course, there a few of us who are not human...............:gar-La;

Shhhhhh, I didn't want my secret out just yet! ;)

It's a little disheartening that we've been stuck at the 2/3 to 3/4 mark for so long this go round. Though I have to take a little blame there since I've not made a donation this go 'round. I'm figuring hundreds of hours of labor probably count for a good deal more than any monetary donation ... lol

It is just frustrating to see so many who will complain about our ads, but don't step up to the plate when offered the opportunity. I guess it's hard not to take it a little bit personally once you're sitting on this side of the fence.

So, what I'm really getting at is that I wanted to take a moment to thank *everybody* -- BoD, moderators , and admins alike -- who has stepped up to the plate by investing their personal blood, sweat, and tears to help make this site what it has been the past several years that I've been a member.

And I appreciate you all inviting me to give back in that same regard -- even if the committment has turned out to be a wee bit greater than 6-8 hours per week...
:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS