A Round Table From Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Here's a little table I doodled out the other day for my morning SketchUp practice. The original was made about 1910 in Hungary. There's a carving in the center section of the legs which was kind of fun to draw. The original is made of mahogany. the top is veneered with the grain running vertically as I have it here.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
cool! That is a really Neat table (and once again - glad you pointed out that it was a sketch-up not real!)
can you post an update of the carving - that looks really neat too!

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Bill, I'll take that as a compliment. Keep in mind that like anything you do in the shop, it all comes down to practice and use.

Hank, here's a close up of the carving such as it is. Not much to it but it is similar to the carving on the original table.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is interesting - I wonder if it signifies anything?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
My guess is no. It's probably just a design. Maybe it was something a carver could bang out quickly and make three that looked pretty much identical. I doubt at that time and on a table like this the carvings would have been machine made.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My guess is no. It's probably just a design. Maybe it was something a carver could bang out quickly and make three that looked pretty much identical. I doubt at that time and on a table like this the carvings would have been machine made.
Ah... you said it is Hungarian?
I will defer to your knowledge but, 1910 Hungary - was VERY symbolic - I wish someone had a line to Frank Klausz... he would probably know or know who to ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS