A good shop visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
My BIL and I had a good time visiting Mike (wdkits1) in Midlothian VA near Richmnd Sunday morning. We snuck in before the snow came! We were treated to a beautiful gallery of Mikes intarsia work hanging on the walls of his house. Some beautiful scenery, the Monitcello with 800 (I think) peices of wood, antique cars, pretty boxes and much more. He gave us the requisite shop tour in his shop out behind the house. Very homey, lots of wood, tools and sawdust! Even took the time to give a quick resaw demo by ripping off a sweet 1/64" slice of walnut! Real inspiration to try an intarsia project!

Great time, Mike, and thanks! And I did make it out of Richmond before the (shortlived) snowstorm hit!

Dan Snyder

T

toolferone

A shop visit is always a good thing. Glad you had a good time.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Dan
Glad you got the chance to visit while you were here in Richmond. I always enjoy meeting members of the NCWW family. Next time I make it to NC I would like to visit your shop in Hillsborough. I used to do lots of electrical work and built a few log homes in that area.
Mike

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
Any time! Make it a Monday evening and ou can enjoy an entertaining night of the Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers in one of our local workshops. I think someone coined the term Social Woodworking to describe what we do!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS