A few recent pens - mixed bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I posted a few new pens in my gallery that I have done over the past few weeks. There's no unique designs, but it is a mix of pen types and wood/acrylic. Here are my favorites...

Pens_0231.jpg

Pens_0591.jpg

Pens_019.jpg

Pens_033.jpg

Pens_029.jpg

Thanks for looking :)
Chris

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The Amboyna and Buckeye (??) burls are my favorite. You just can't beat natures art work.
Great job on all of them :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Sully

New User
jay
Let me reveal my ignorance by saying I don't know which one is "Amboyna". ;-) I do however know that the last pen and the first pen are my favorites. Nice work. :icon_thum

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thank you for your comments! The burls are my favorites too and I picked those because they have a unique characteristic that I have not come across before. Perhaps it's common in burls, but I have never seen the sapwood to be so 'mixed' into the heartwood and they appear to 'play' together. Anyway, this amboyna is my favorite pen to date. The buckeye burl is what I would consider the nicest buckeye I have ever seen, also. I got lucky to get these :)

For those asking, the pens are as follows:
1) Jr. Gent buckeye burl (gold)
2) Statesman amboyna burl (rhodium)
3) BOW slimline with bloodwood cross (chrome)
4) Cigar acrylic in chrome

Chris

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Chris, that is quite an assortment you have highlighted there! Great job :eusa_clap. Where did you get your burl blanks? I want to try one of those.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
If I had those pens they would be my favorites, too!! Beautiful.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Go

Kenith

New User
Ken Stewart
Beautiful work you have there. What are you using to polish the acrylic pen? I am experimenting with micro mesh, but looking at other methods.

Thanks,

Ken

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thanks, Ken. I definately use the micro mesh for the acrylic. You may also want to look at using a plastic polish. I think Hut makes one that is sold at most ww stores, such Klingspor. I, however, use a Meguire's plastic polish product from AutoZone...it is much cheaper, but don't tell anyone my secret..k? ;-)

Chris

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
You can also use Brasso on your acrylic and CA pens.
Let the CA harden a day before using the Brasso.
Do not use on regular lacquer but I have used it on Unaxol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors