8/4 x 24 x 12' WO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I have a 8/4 WO board that's 24" wide and 12' long (48BF) and pretty clean. I'm trying to figure out if I could make 2 end tables and a coffee table out of the one board. I'm picturing a 24" square top for the end tables and a 36" x 24" top for the coffee table 2" sq legs and a 1" aprons. I think it's do-able :icon_scra but haven't layed it out yet.

This is one of those WO diving boards form the last KD lumber run @ Scotts. That was one big a _ _ log. I brought one of the boards back home after the lumber run and used it as scaffulding over the second floor stairs. Took 4 guys to tote it upstairs and only 2 to get it down :) I only got a little bit of paint on it and at MC = 10% it's just about right for making some tables.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I think it's doable. I figured it in my head!:gar-Bi up there anything is doable!:rotflm: on paper? who knows?:dontknow: you got access to a 24" planer? how good are ya with hand planes? why do you want a 400 LB coffee table?:gar-La; you a heavy coffee drinker?:rotflm: got a strong back?:eusa_danc give a shout if ya need help. I'll call someone.....:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I think it's doable. I figured it in my head!:gar-Bi up there anything is doable!:rotflm: on paper? who knows?:dontknow: you got access to a 24" planer? how good are ya with hand planes? why do you want a 400 LB coffee table?:gar-La; you a heavy coffee drinker?:rotflm: got a strong back?:eusa_danc give a shout if ya need help. I'll call someone.....:rotflm:

Fred you remember that big ole board I had in the back of the truck when I dropped of dusters board, the one you told me not to get a lot of paint on? that's the one :wink_smil

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred you remember that big ole board I had in the back of the truck when I dropped of dusters board, the one you told me not to get a lot of paint on? that's the one :wink_smil

oh yeh that board.... fred left town and wont be back till well after next year sometime!:rotflm: makes me hurt just thinking of it. I can help ya break it down to smaller sizes. and if you dont mind one well hidden glue joint we can get the tops fairly flat too.:icon_thum I think it will look great. the color matching will be a breeze.:gar-Bi

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I called my son last night and he said he would like some tables, so I started hacking away on the board today. chainsaw worked well to rough out the length for the tops and legs. Then I ripped each top down the center on the TS, ran the two pieces though the planer to ~ 1 3/4" then jointed the edges and they are now being glued back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS