55 gal drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
I'm looking to purchase 2 or 3 plastic 55 gal drums. 2 for dust collection and one for a rain barral. Does anyone know where I can find these around Raleigh/Sanford area?

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Try Craigslist. Here is an example: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/1716589412.html

BARRELS - 50 GAL - $15 (RALEIGH/STEM & SURROUNDIN)

Date: 2010-04-29, 3:51PM EDT
Reply to: sale-ucxg8-1716589412@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

HEAVY DUTY, BLACK FOOD GRADE PLASTIC BARRELS WITH 2-PIECE SCREW ON LIDS. EXCELLENT CONTAINERS
FOR STORING ANIMAL FEED, COLLECTING ITEMS, WASTE CONTAINERS FOR OUTDOOR EVENTS, RAIN
COLLECTION FOR GARDENERS. USE FOR BARREL RACING OR DOG HOUSES.

THESE CAN BE MADE INTO COMPOST BINS, "RAIN BARRELS", OR DEER FEEDERS.

CALL 910 985-0147

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k43mf3o85W25P65X5a4t9db921d95c6518ce.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
Thanks, great. I don't have access to craigslist here so I'll contact him tonight.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
His phone number is in his ad which I reproduced above (910.985.0147) if you want to call him today. There are a lot of other ads for plastic 55 gal barrels on Craigslist but his prices were the lowest I saw in my quick scan. Good luck.

Rob

New User
Rob
The ad in craigslist is a distributer. They sent me to the Apex Ace hardware. Called them, they want $25 for them, not $15.

Rob

New User
Rob
Barb, the ad isn't, they are a distributer, and that's the price they set. Ace hardware is adding the money. I told the company, they said thanks, we will not be recomending them any longer. They gave me someone here in Sanford, called them, actually cheaper. So I've located mine. Thanks.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Rob...

If you want some of Tim's and aren't in a hurry, I'll be happy to bring them home with us the next time we come that way.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey buddy i am not sure if you travel through the area near Farmville-Snow Hill-Greenville area often. There is a guy that always has new food grade blue 55 gallon plastic drums for sale. He usually always has approximately 10-30 on hand.

If you are interested i could arrange to post directions to his place up here.

Thanks, Chris

Rob

New User
Rob
Picked up two pickle barrels today. One I cut the top off and will use as a dust collector. Thien baffle in progress now. The other I'm going to use as a rain barrel. Great for that. Might pick up a couple more later.

M

McRabbet

I found some heavy 55 gallon polyethylene barrels at a local junk dealer here for $8 each. The one I bought was for Hydrochloric Acid and the top had been cut out, but there is a very solid smooth rim. I also bought a food quality barrel last year for $10 from a local reseller with a full lid and a steel rim clamp. It had held Tomato Paste (over 500 # when full, so it is a tough barrel).

Rob

New User
Rob
My thien baffle is done, caulk around the fittings is drying and paint later tonight. I'll assemble the whole thing tomorrow. I had to cut the top off one barrel to fit it, opening was narrower then the body. Guess I should charge up my camera battery and take pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS