5 Disk CD Player Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
We are on the social committee for our SS class. Our Christmas social is always in the first two weeks of January. We will be using the fellowship hall which is quite large. Instead of having back ground music playing very loudly in one spot, I'm going to use my FM transmitter hooked to a CD player, and place several radios around the hall, so music covers whole hall. My problem is I need a 5 disk CD player. As most have shifted to other formats for music, somebody (LOCALLY) most likely has one collecting dust. If you do, and I could beg, borrow, or steal it on permanent loan, I would be most grateful. Bruce, AKA junquecol

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I don't have one, but I'm curious why you're not using an MP3 player that will play much longer and much more reliably than a CD player.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I don't have one, but I'm curious why you're not using an MP3 player that will play much longer and much more reliably than a CD player.

Mike, MP3...You’re really showing your age here.

https://www.npr.org/sections/therec...-is-officially-dead-according-to-its-creators

I don’t have any MP3s, but I’m curious why you’re not using an Apple Watch connected to your iCloud, that will play much longer and much more reliably than an MP3 player.:rotflm:

Sorry, I absolutely could not resist!

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes I have one, a sony. If you want the sony receiver it was attached to that can be yours too. Actually you could have the big AR speakers too.

I can bring them both to the December lunch in Cary

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Phil, that would be GREAT! As for MP-3, or Apple Watch, I'm vintage, as in old school. I still use a flip phone, listen to CD's on Sony Walkman, and my note book runs XP. Own a stack of Christmas CD''s. So all I need is the disk player. Again THANKS to Phil and the NC Woodworker Family

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike, MP3...You’re really showing your age here.
Can you provide me with a link to a podcast (there are 540,000 of them) that does NOT use MP3 format for file distribution? Some try to use AAC, but it's not as ubiquitous as MP3.

Apple...a $1200 solution to a $12 problem.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Hmm, I slept in this morning so Phil beat me to it. I have an RCA 5-disc changer you're welcome to on one condition - you can't give it back ;).

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Phil, if your heart gets any bigger they'll have to start removing some ribs to make room for it. :gar-La; You rock brother!:eusa_danc

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Phil, if your heart gets any bigger they'll have to start removing some ribs to make room for it. :gar-La; You rock brother!:eusa_danc
Amen! Here is one of Phils acts of kindness, that being as humble as he is, he would never tell. Five and a half years ago, had bi-lateral knee replacement, which meant a stay in rehab. Lunch bunch met and was posting about eating ice cream. I posted about being in Rex rehab, and you guys were out eating ice cream. Next day, Phil goes to REX rehab in Raleigh with ice cream, only I'm in Rex rehab in Apex. Following day guess who shows up at Rex rehab in Apex with ice cream. That is one of those memories that you never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS