3M P100 Advanced Respirator Filter 2297

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am pretty sure I found out about the 3M P100 here or from a thread pointing to some random YT video.
I bought one and realized it didn't come with filters. They were easily found in the "Frequently bought together" suggestions at the bottom of the page. So I drop listed them on Honey and this morning they are selling for a somewhat reduced price...

**Don't forget to SMILE!**

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
The pink filters that come up in the search you linked are a 3M knock off. The real 3Ms are grey.

What mask are you attaching those filters to?
Looks like they fit several models.

Last edited:

smurg

New User
Marty

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I used 3M P100 filters for prepping and repainting aircraft for years. They were pink.

Note that these are HEPA particulate filters. They do not protect against fumes. If using solvents, etc, they are to be used in addition to an activated charcoal filter certified for the solvents being used.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Marty you are correct.
I see that now.
IMHO this is even worse that Amazon lists the 3M knockoff as their 'preferred' item, and it is the same color as the 3M original.
not sure why you are calling this a "Knock-off" I am holding the package in my hand and it "appears" to be a 3M product -
"imported for 3M personal safety division"
3MCenter, Building 0235-02-W-70
St. Paul MN 55144-1000
(I have actually been in that building!)

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Hmerkle Your original link is a search, not the actual filter, so Amazon's "Sponsored" items (which are 3rd party filters) are shown before the 3M filters.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
@Hmerkle Your original link is a search, not the actual filter, so Amazon's "Sponsored" items (which are 3rd party filters) are shown before the 3M filters.
Yes that is what I meant and it bothers me that for that search for a 3M product Amazon populates 3 "sponsored" knock off brands before they list the actual 3M product.
Buyer beware I guess
Glad you got the real deal Hank!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
WELL! Color me stupid! I thought I posted a link to the product I bought. When I went and looked at it, I came to a "buy it again" page... but I am guessing that is personalized to the user.
Let me try that again, is this a link to the 3m filter? https://smile.amazon.com/3M-Advance...2033467&sprefix=3m-2297-filters,aps,80&sr=8-5

Is that a link to the product or again a search?

waitup

New User
Matt
WELL! Color me stupid! I thought I posted a link to the product I bought. When I went and looked at it, I came to a "buy it again" page... but I am guessing that is personalized to the user.
Let me try that again, is this a link to the 3m filter? https://smile.amazon.com/3M-Advanced-Particulate-2297-Filters/dp/B009POHH94/ref=sr_1_5?crid=A9B1UHNCI0MU&keywords=3M-2297-Filters&qid=1662033467&sprefix=3m-2297-filters,aps,80&sr=8-5

Is that a link to the product or again a search?
That is the product

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Mike Davis I think that is the same mask I use and I guess I didn't say it, but the reason I purchased it is because it is latched. Here is a video:
(at 1:30 he shows the quick latch...)
As for the filter, I think the 2091,2291 and the 2097, 2297 are good solutions for our work.
I choose the 2297 so I could do light spraying (rattle can) - I have a different mask if I spraying something significant (think-full session with the HVLP)

I found this 3-M guide, not sure it is clear since it does not define a "Particulate" : https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media...-and-filters-reusable-respirators-english.pdf

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS