3/8" mdf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
Hey Guys,

I'm building my new kitchen and would like to use 3/8" MDF for my door and drawer panels. I suppose I could use 1/2" but I'm afraid I'll end up with some heavy doors. I also assume 3/8" would be cheaper! Any body sell this around Greensboro? I'd be willing to drive a little if the price is right.

Thanks!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
3/8" MDF?

Humm I have never heard of that, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist as I had some odd pieces once: 11/16" and 1 5/16"

Anyway how about Hardboard maybe two sheets glued together so you'd have the smooth sides out? Hardboard is a lot lighter than MDF.

Just a thought.

EricS

Eric
Senior User
I buy 3/8" MDF (5 x 8)from Wurth wood group here in Charlotte. I am not sure if they still have their Greensboro branch or not but they do have a branch in Raliegh. Hope this helps.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I buy 3/8" MDF (5 x 8)from Wurth wood group here in Charlotte. I am not sure if they still have their Greensboro branch or not but they do have a branch in Raliegh. Hope this helps.

Looks like they still have a place in High Point. I'll check them out.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Call Steve Harvell at 665-0113, I'm pretty sure he has some 3/8" and it will be 1/2 price of anywhere else. May not be full 4X8 sheets, but if you're doing door panels you shouldn't need full sheets anyway. Tell him Tony Joyce said call. He's in GSO

Tony

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I know the Hardwood Store of NC in Gibsonville has 1/4" and 1/2", but I don't know about 3/8". They also have the pre-cut plywood drawer material, w/ the slot already cut for the bottom and the top rounded over. Just a thought.

Bill

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I heard back from the Hardwood Store of NC and they can get it for $24/sheet in about 3 days. Thanks for the help, this site rocks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Geoff you know The Hardwood Store gives use, NCWW, a discount. On the brown bar above click on SHOP and then Discount Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS