2024 Picnic and Down sizing

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Sorry for me but maybe good for you. I'm downsizing the amount of tools that I have accumulated to make more room in the shop. I have drastically cut back on the amount of 'play time' and now it is time to cut back on the amount of tools. This is what I know that I am going to bring for sure. Several block planes, some chisel sets, and some carving tool sets. Let me know if you want pictures.
Looking forward to May and the Picnic.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Where can I find more information on the picnic?
The picnic is May 18 and Jordan Lake State Park, Apex NC. Look for the official announcement coming soon. The picnic will also be the raffle drawing for our year fundraising raffle. A lot of great prizes to winner. More on that soon as well.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Downsizing can be good. Keep what you use for the work you do. What is killing me is a few tools I don't use are family heirlooms and hard to part with, but no one in the family is interested. They are just tools.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Downsizing can be good. Keep what you use for the work you do. What is killing me is a few tools I don't use are family heirlooms and hard to part with, but no one in the family is interested. They are just tools.
Scott, I don't have any family heirlooms since my Dad wasn't a wood worker. A couple of my brothers were, but I inherited none of their tools. I've given a few tools to my son and the rest that are left when I'm gone will be his to decide their fate. Maybe some of what I have accumulated will become "family heirlooms" in future generations.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Sorry for me but maybe good for you. I'm downsizing the amount of tools that I have accumulated to make more room in the shop. I have drastically cut back on the amount of 'play time' and now it is time to cut back on the amount of tools. This is what I know that I am going to bring for sure. Several block planes, some chisel sets, and some carving tool sets. Let me know if you want pictures.
Looking forward to May and the Picnic.
I'd be interest in seeing the carving tools

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors