2023 NCWW Picnic May 20th

Please click on the number in your party

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
Linc, did you add yourself to the list at the top of this thread (Please click on the number in your party)
(I do not see you, but I could have missed you...)
Thanks buddy, totally missed that!! thanks for having my back

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
What time does the picnic start/end?
See post #20 in this thread.

"People start gathering around 10 to setup for the picnic, raffle. Others bring tools & items to sell/trade. Lunch should commend around noon, followed by a brief business meeting, and ends with the raffle.

PLEASE RSVP if you are planning to attend!"

As you can tell from this post, there are a lot of parts to the picnic. The only thing required is if you want a chance at a door prize, you have to pre-register AND be present when the door prizes are presented. You don't have to be present to for the raffle to win, just lucky.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Today is the 12th. Tomorrow is the 13th - the last day to register for the picnic in order to help the planners have the right amount of groceries (BBQ). If you think you might come, register.

OBTW, the online raffle ticket purchase ends the day before the picnic. Cash purchases will be accepted at the picnic.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Wish I could attend and meet more of y'all but there is a daughter to move about a 1000 miles during that time. I'll just have to buy enough raffle tickets to ensure that if I don't win the sawstop I'll at least win Graywolf's bowsaw.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wish I could attend and meet more of y'all but there is a daughter to move about a 1000 miles during that time. I'll just have to buy enough raffle tickets to ensure that if I don't win the sawstop I'll at least win Graybar's bowsaw.
Matt, You will be missed... o

Last edited:

zargon

Zargon
Corporate Member
Hey Y'all!!!
Please note the following change in the original post:
RSVP is required this year so everyone can get stuffed with BBQ
Also you MUST RSVP to be eligible to win a door prize (please click on the quantity in your party below)
There will be a door charge if you are not on the RSVP attendee list.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS RSVP THREAD WILL CLOSE ON MAY 13TH! (Don't wait too long to RSVP)

We want to give our supplier a week to prepare so we need to close the RSVP early....
We WILL be forced to charge you if you show-up without having RSVPed, and that could be as much as $10!!! (I know how cheap this group is... (ticket sales are an indicator... just kidding)
I would not want you to have to pay for something that we want to provide as part of the fun!
I plan to be there.
-

zargon

Zargon
Corporate Member
So, this being all new to me… I did reserve a site at the local campground… But could someone please direct me to exactly where the event is going to be held? Tia!

zargon

Zargon
Corporate Member
OK, I think I got it now… Thanks to whoever posted that map showing the shelter location. See everybody on Saturday.

fjdog

New User
Roland

"People start gathering around 10 to setup for the picnic, raffle. Others bring tools & items to sell/trade. Lunch should commend around noon, followed by a brief business meeting, and ends with the raffle.

As you can tell from this post, there are a lot of parts to the picnic. The only thing required is if you want a chance at a door prize, you have to pre-register AND be present when the door prizes are presented. You don't have to be present to for the raffle to win, just lucky.
I have a commitment in Durham until noon. I will head to Jordan Lk afterwards and hopefully catch some of the stragglers to say "hi" and collect all of my prizes :)

zargon

Zargon
Corporate Member
I have a commitment in Durham until noon. I will head to Jordan Lk afterwards and hopefully catch some of the stragglers to say "hi" and collect all of my prizes :)
Thanks so much for the detailed information about the event. I believe I am already registered and since I will be at the campground just north of the shelter… I’ll try to be early and snag a door prize!🤪

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Today, and today only, is your last chance to register for door prizes. Only those members who have registered their parties attendance will be registered for door prizes and free lunch. Register at the top of this thread. it takes 1-2 clicks.

If you cannot register and still want to come and picnic, there will be a $10 cover charge. We do this only to get a good count of attendance for planning.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Hey Hank--My wife and I will be attending. We're not familiar with the lake park area. Could you please send me an address for the pavilion that is compatible with GPS? Or maybe draw up a foolproof map of the park and entrance road. Thanks. Won't be able to bring any fresh food, so I'll buy extra raffle tickets instead.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
1684013295589.png

this is copied from post number 12 of this thread.
Seaforth Beach Road
Pittsboro, NC 27312
United States

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User

"See post #20 in this thread."

I, too, had a question about the start time. Apparently, I've not been following the necessary threads and was surprised to hear about the picnic this morning in an email response to my Pony Express post "The picnic is next Saturday, anyone attending that will be heading west afterwards?"
So, I searched the forums for "picnic" and got "The requested thread could not be found" first, then tried again and found a load of stuff. The first one I licked on was near the end (page 4?). After a while I figured out I was not on the first page and went there to fins out who what when where and how far and such. I missed the start time in Post 20, but did discover the location in a repost of an aerial(?) view that included Jordan Lake Park which allowed Googol to advise it was west of Cary and only a 340 mile round trip.

I continued to peruse this thread from the first post to this one looking for details. Checking the original search, it appears that there are several threads (200+ posts) about the picnic - or I just don't know how this site works.
1684083025092.png

I would suggest that a single page/post be created (PICNIC 2023 PAGE) with "Just the facts" and that link be used to direct anyone with questions to the answer. That page/post would contain individual links to ancillary items such as registration, covered dish donations, raffle ticket purchases and each of those would contain a link to the Picnic Page as well as links to the ancillary page(s).

Now, in my defense, I'm a relative 'new guy' and have never been to a NCWW Picnic. I got into it this time thinking I might justify a 150 mile round trip with the wife as an adventure while facilitating the acquisition of a jointer stand.

Turns out someone else (and closer) thought of that, too.

Oh, well.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had the same thought yesterday when doing a search for Charlie’s directions to the Jordan Lake site (between the bridges). Try to do better next time.

243 miles (one way) for me.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I had the same thought yesterday when doing a search for Charlie’s directions to the Jordan Lake site (between the bridges). Try to do better next time.

243 miles (one way) for me.
"I had the same thought"
Thanks, hate to be the only one ;) !

Passing near Clover, SC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS