2015 Annual Picnic May 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess it's just going to be me this year. Can't get either of the kids to buy in! So, I'll be alone and bringing a big bowl of guacamole and some tortilla chips. Also Ken, I have a 5' or 6' folding table that I think I can get my hands on. I'll plan to bring that as well.
Michael
Is that going to me VTXmanmike or DEWRAGmanmike? :rotflm:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK, I just ordered BBQ for 100 - let's get a few more people signed up. Danny's BBQ is supplying us with Pork, Chicken and Beef Brisket and many bottles of their great BBQ sauce.

If anybody wants BBQ Pork sandwiches then we need somebody to bring buns. The stuff is good ladled on a plate but some like sandwiches. If you do, bring buns for everybody.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I was confusing Eno River State Park (where we're having the picnic) with West Point on the Eno Park off Roxboro Rd. (where we're not having the picnic). So if you show up at West Point on the Eno park find an innertube and float on downstream a few miles. :wsmile:

Last edited:

CommGuy107

New User
Dan
My wife and I will be there. That's 2 more.
What are we bringing? The list is full of everything, so we'll just get creative.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Well, I don't see where anyone is bringing drinks, other than iced tea, so I've filled my BIG cooler with about 150 cans of soda of many flavors, about 50% diet soda, 50% sugar soda. There's about 15 cans of each flavor so there should be something in there to please everybody. I'm also bringing several cases of spring water and that will just about fill that BIG cooler. I'm also bringing some kind of salad, but she hasn't told me what yet. I'm still bringing the two 5' tables, and yes Berta, I'm bringing your DeWalt stool. SYMBO isn't coming with me, but she is making sure that I bring the salad - there isn't much room left in the car for her anyway.

Charley

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't see anybody bringing buns so I'll try to get to Sam's and get several large packages to bring in case anybody want's BBQ pork sandwiches. Still probably also bring the veggie snacks, but not positive.

Oops - missed Wormil's post - buns are covered apparently. Never mind.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
My wife and I will be there. That's 2 more.
What are we bringing? The list is full of everything, so we'll just get creative.

I haven't seen baked beans or potato salad on the list - both go great with BBQ. But maybe I missed it also. Too much going on. Bring whatever you like - or nothing - it is not a requirement, especially for those traveling a fair piece.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Ken, Rick/wormil responded yesterday that he would bring buns so we may be good on those as well. I know you already have your hands full so maybe that will at least keep that off of you as well.

B.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Susan (the wife) ended up getting table cloths and serving spoons as well as cheese and crackers to bring to the picnic. Those are her choices and those are what we're bringing. It is now finally decided.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I picked up 200 cups and 15 table covers. I am bringing a sweet something, still to be determined.
Also a table and 4 folding chairs

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can bring baked beans and potato salad if no one else is. When does lunch officially start?

When Phil gets there with the meat from Danny's - probably around high noon. 10-12 is for schmoozing with the others, buying raffle tickets and oogling the prizes. Lunch at noon, then a short business meeting (meet your new board members) and presentation of the awards - the Golden Mallet and a few surprises. Raffle Drawing next and then the door prize drawing. Cleanup around 2-3 or so after everyone gets tired.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I picked up 200 cups and 15 table covers. I am bringing a sweet something, still to be determined.
Also a table and 4 folding chairs

Susan also got two packs of 6 table covers so we've got that covered and then some. I have both blue tape and duck tape to hold them down if the wind is at all active.

Hope the something sweet has Strawberry's in it. Yum. The Pick-your-own strawberry patch a few blocks away is open now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors