20% off @HF going, going....gone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey All,

I just walked through Harbor Freight in Raleigh today and noticed that they now have a new policy covering the 20% off coupon. Car jacks, air compressors, welders, tool boxes, and other items including all close outs, tent sales, and items marked on sale for the After Thanksgiving sale, etc. are no longer items that you can use a 20% coupon on. Woodworking tools are not on that list .....yet. I believe that they might eventually add all large items to this list. One of the workers told me that they were thinking of not allowing any items on sale to be purchased with a 20% off coupon.

The funny thing is that I was there Tuesday and this policy hadn't taken place yet and it caught me off guard, but I still got my welding helmet for 20% off:eusa_danc. I don't know about y'all, but there are things that I just wouldn't buy without them being on sale and with a 20% off coupon.

Just thought that I'd let you now.

KC7CN

New User
Don
Hey All,

I just walked through Harbor Freight in Raleigh today and noticed that they now have a new policy covering the 20% off coupon. Car jacks, air compressors, welders, tool boxes, and other items including all close outs, tent sales, and items marked on sale for the After Thanksgiving sale, etc. are no longer items that you can use a 20% coupon on. Woodworking tools are not on that list .....yet. I believe that they might eventually add all large items to this list. One of the workers told me that they were thinking of not allowing any items on sale to be purchased with a 20% off coupon.

The funny thing is that I was there Tuesday and this policy hadn't taken place yet and it caught me off guard, but I still got my welding helmet for 20% off:eusa_danc. I don't know about y'all, but there are things that I just wouldn't buy without them being on sale and with a 20% off coupon.

Just thought that I'd let you now.

I agree! My guess is they will loose business and a lot of customers with the new policy. A good example is Rockler's take X% OFF sales. I stopped looking at them a long time ago! They always have the 'what's not included' in the fine print! Having said that, I still shop at Rockler because they do have a good inventory of quality products, and good sales on specific items throughout the year. I can always buy black tape and rubber gloves at the local dollar store :tinysmile_cry_t:.

-Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS