2" Klingspor Sandpaper Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Where is the best place to get the 2" sandpaper disks that stick to the Sorby Sandmaster and similar tools (Klingspor would be good or a comparable brand would be good as well..best deal !!)...??I guess that is hook and loop type...I have never really understood that hook and loop term...looks like velcro almost to me..
And I would like to purchase some inlay material also...Does anyone know of any woodworking supply stores that take Paypal???

Tommy Smith

New User
Tumblweed
Where is the best place to get the 2" sandpaper disks that stick to the Sorby Sandmaster and similar tools (Klingspor would be good or a comparable brand would be good as well..best deal !!)...??I guess that is hook and loop type...I have never really understood that hook and loop term...looks like velcro almost to me...And it would be good if I could use Paypal

I get them in boxes of 50 at The Woodworking shop in Raleigh, its run by Klingspors. Like the man said, follow the link at the bottom right of the page.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Where is the best place to get the 2" sandpaper disks that stick to the Sorby Sandmaster and similar tools (Klingspor would be good or a comparable brand would be good as well..best deal !!)...??I guess that is hook and loop type...I have never really understood that hook and loop term...looks like velcro almost to me...And it would be good if I could use Paypal

I can't help you out with the sandpaper .. but as for hook and loop... Velcro is a brand name and registered trademark. Hook and Loop is what Velcro is mechanically and is the generic term for what most of us habitually refer to as 'velcro' (which, unfortunately for the owner of the 'Velcro' brand, will eventually water down the brand name and may eventually dissolve the trademarked brand).

One less mystery in life...

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
-------->>>
If you are going to buy from the Woodworking Shop, use the link on the right side of the page here. If you link to the store from here and then buy something, NCWW gets a little spiff. (I think)

sawduster

New User
Robert
got a scroll saw and some thin ply ? I make my own from the Klingspor discs ( the best ) . I fold about 10 of them in half , sandwich them between 2 pieces of 1/8 scrap ply, a little blue tape , draw 3 ( or 2 ) circles and cut them out s-l-o-w-l-y so they don't stick together. Makes 60 in a jiffy :icon_thum I then put them in a large pen-kit bag and write the grit on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS