1st Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I finally got around to turning a cigar. The wood is cherry burl that I got from Robert Arrowood. (Robert, I'll have a couple pens turned for you as soon as I have a little time! Many thanks for the burl!!!)

IMG_0328.JPG

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Looking good ... I too bought about 6 of these kits from Woodcraft this week and plan to make some. I like the larger size.

The burl looks great! :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like the cigar, it's an easy pen to turn (provided you get the bushings in the right order) and makes a nice pen that really shows off the wood.
Ed you done really good with this one :eusa_clap:eusa_clap That burl is nice and I would guess that it was harvested locally, making it even cooler.
Dave:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Good job Ed! The cigar is a fun pen to turn. That cherry burl is beautiful! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks guys! It is local harvest. I was planning on making a Classic American, but botched getting the tube set:BangHead: and neglected to get extra tubes! I still need to get one of those done, but I really did like the cigar

JohnW

New User
John
Ed, Looks great...My wife likes it too which is way better than me saying something nice. She's hard to please. She just asked me what "burl" was....8-O

Look at my avatar....made it easy to explain.;-)
John W

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
like jeff stated, my first cigar got me sicker then a dog. i inhaled like a cigarette8-O:goofy:. alos had a rageing headache the following morning. now i enjoy a good cigar every once in a great while.

0000 the pen is SWEET!

alleng

New User
allen
beautiful pen!!!! how iwish i had a lathe so i could try turning pens,it looks like something thats verry rewarding.specialy when the outcome is as nice as the pens that the turners on ncww TURN out:icon_thum

nelsone

New User
Ed
beautiful pen!!!! how iwish i had a lathe so i could try turning pens,it looks like something thats verry rewarding.specialy when the outcome is as nice as the pens that the turners on ncww TURN out:icon_thum

Throw your name in the hat for the "Good Will" lathe! Are there any turners near you? I'm sure someone would be willing to help you!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Man thats a good looking pen! If I would have known that burl was that nice I would have kept it.LOL:BangHead::BangHead::twitcy::twitcy: Just kidding Ed that is a real nice pen though. Forgot who ask yep that burl came out of Gastonia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS