1986 Felder BF4 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchell gershten

New User
mitch
Greetings all.
I am a relatively new woodworker and am putting together a shop. I have an opportunity to purchase a Felder BF4 31 for a good price and from a single owner. It's been well maintained although needs some maintenance. I am very intrigued by the tool. It is obviously a well built machine, but I have to get my mind around different table saw techniques etc. While that doesn't concern me too much, I wonder about the advisability of getting this tool for various reasons including replacement parts, repair issues etc.

Can anyone offer guidance on this ?

Thanks very much.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Mitchell, My first Felder machine was a BF4 and it served me well for many years. It has a small sliding table and is about 4" away from the blade. A very good machine but in no way what you would consider a sliding table saw. Yes, parts would be very hard to get if you needed them. The next generation Felder would be the CF series and this is the one that I would recommend if I were getting an older combo. Unless you are continuously cutting sheet goods, the slider on the CF will serve you well. This is a great machine and will do about everything a new Felder will do and at a bargain price. You should be able to get your hands on one of these in the 6000. range vs 3000. for the BF series.

Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS