1/2" MDF in RDU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD

New User
David
Does anybody know who carries 1/2" MDF sheets in the Raleigh/Durham area (preferably closer to Durham)?

Thanks,
David

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Depends on the BORG. The Lowes at 40/42 does not stock 1/2". The HD on Timber Dr. does. I would check both BORGS in your area. If one does not have it, the other likely will.

RayH

New User
Ray
I've gotten it at Home Depot on Strickland in Raleigh. Not sure if they have it now -- or if it's close enough to Durham.:eusa_thin

DaveO

New User
DaveO
HD is your best bet for "good" sheet goods (½" MDF, Melamine, hardboard). But if you want "professional" stuff look to Raleigh Hardwoods aka Wurth Group, or Horizon Forest products.

Dave:)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Lowes in North Cary (the one on the corner of Maynard and NC54) has the 1/2 inch. The Apex store does not. Haven't checked others.

Ken

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Lowes in Roxboro and HD in North Durham (next to CostCo) caries it..bought a couple of sheets 2 weeks ago.
Cheers,
Bernhard

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
The Raleigh Hardwoods aka Wurth Group has 1/2" thick MDF, but only in 5x8 sheets. I went over there looking for some just a few days ago, but alas, I can not get 5' wide pieces in my car and had to pass. The Apex HD has 4x8 sheets.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Lowes in Cary (corner of Hwy 54 - Chapel Hill Rd and NW Maynard Rd) have 1/2" MDF in 4x8 sheets.

Wayne

DavidD

New User
David
Thanks for the replies. I had looked at one Lowes and the only had 3/4 so I just assumed that that was the normal situation at all locations. Lesson learned ... no two stores have the same stuff.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS