Search results

1. Z

Woodworkers Express Economy Slides

Has anyone used the economy under mount drawer slides from woodworkers express? https://www.woodworkerexpress.com/we-preferred-0684250303961-6-75lb-soft-close-undermount-drawer-slides.html Price seems good and everything but screws is included.
  2. Z

Kitchen Cabinet Opinions

I’m hopefully refacing our kitchen cabinets in the near future and am looking for opinions on a several options. My goal is to go with a more modern natural wood look. I’m thinking of getting 3/4 prefinished birch plywood and edge banding for the doors and drawers (picture below with grain...
  3. Z

Oak? Identification

Merry Chsristmas! It doesn’t feel heavy like oak, but the sawyer said oak. It’s from the coast near Charleston, SC. Any ideas what it is?
  4. Z

Japanese Hand Plane?

My google search leads me to Japanese hand plane, but the one I have doesn’t have the metal “bar” against the blade. The iron in the below hand plane is just wedged in place. Any ideas if this might be something someone made imitating a Japanese hand plane? There aren’t any markings. I think...
  5. Z

Euro hinge plug/repair

Anyone ever had to repair euro hinge cups? I need to repair 2-3 in cabinet doors that are frequently used by little people. The cup holes have wallowed out and the hinges no longer stay in the door. I was thinking of making plugs, but the bit hole saw seems to be an uncommon size. Im also...
  6. Z

Chimney Crown or Cap

We moved into our house a little over a year ago and recently we started getting some leaking around the chimney. The chimney is chase is tiled over inside but is still open from the roof. It’s all masonry. I called the roofing company they came over checked it out and determined it was the...
  7. Z

Stanley Expansive Bit Sharpening

Not intending this bit to serve as a metal detector, but I managed to use it for that purpose! It worked very well on 60 y/o yellow pine framing lumber prior to filling it. I found one video on sharpening, but am curious of any other options or suggestions on round stones. The video seems to...
  8. Z

Cherry Farmhouse Table

Hi all! Looking for option on two things: 1) the middle board does not alternate growth rings if I leave it with heartwood side up (as pictured). Is this going to cause a lot of issues even when using bread board ends? On previous tables, I’ve alternated growth rings from board to board. 2)...
  9. Z

Bradford Pears

I had two bradford pears taken down a few weeks ago. They’re both going to my father in law for turning. I thought I’d post a few pictures since one was bolted together at the split and the other had a piece of 1x that the tree grew around.
  10. Z

Bending wood back to flat?

I recently purchased a mid century sofa that I’m am going to refinish. Apparently it was used on a covered porch for years, so the finish took quite the beating! Some of the rear slats for the back support have bent. Is there a way to bend these back? Is this something that I need to steam? I...
  11. Z

Exterior Lock Miter Wood Opinion

Good morning! I’m planning to remake the posts on a house that we close on Tuesday and would like some opinions about exterior wood choices with a lock miter. This is the look that I’m after: I’m replacing these and planning on going modern I originally thought ipe, but I’m also thinking...
  12. Z

Epoxy

I thought there was a recent discussion on epoxy that included some feedback on options other than System Three and West, but I can’t seem to find it! Any suggestions for other less expensive epoxy options? Box store epoxy is not a consideration! I’m working on a hickory handrail and have some...
  13. Z

Stanley 113 Knob

This is a long shot. I recently inherited a 113 compass/circular plane that is missing the front adjusting knob. So far I’ve contacted antique-used-tools.com Oldtoolnut59 on ebay New Hampshire plane parts Anyone that I’m missing?
  14. Z

Bauer (HF) Compact Router

Anyone have this router? https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/routers-cutout-tools-lathes/14-in-65-amp-variable-speed-compact-router-64944.html Looking at getting a compact router for smaller projects and this looks suspiciously similar to the Bosch and Makita for $30 less. I usually...
  15. Z

Amana Plug Cutters

Does anyone have this set? https://www.holbren.com/Amana_Tool_607-500?gclid=CjwKCAiAirb_BRBNEiwALHlnD_VD85iMIlGJF64y8tJBKRp_iryu3ige2F-R46g6uEi7f4Ianjlu9BoCHacQAvD_BwE Amana seems to be considered one of the better brands and this seems like a great price cutters.
  16. Z

Craftsman or Rigid Table Saw Insert

Could anyone use these? They were in a box of things that I picked up the other day. Neither fit my saw. You can have them for shipping or pick up in person.
  17. Z

Veritas Saw Guide

Anyone have the veritas saw guide? I’ve been looking at getting one for a few months and veritas seems to keep pushing back the availability date. I’ve sent an inquiry to Isaac at Blackburn tools as well since he seems to be the only other commercially available saw guide option...
  18. Z

Chair Repair

I picked up this banker’s chair the other day and found someone got creative with one of the wheel stems: I was thinking of filling the both of holes with dowels but am not sure how to patch/repair the missing wood. There used to be a flat surface where the wheel stem was but that seems to...
  19. Z

Abrasive Belts Bandsaw

These came with a Rockwell 14” BS that I bought. I don’t plan on using them or have the attachment that makes them work with my BS. Does anyone have a use for these? The belts are 91” long. They’re free to whomever wants them
  20. Z

Bow saw

Preferences for bow saws for pruning? I’m not taking down a forest, but just some light pruning around the yard. Simple fiskers for $11 Or bahco for $28 Or another brand? I’ve only used one of these when cutting down Christmas trees. Does the handle really make that big of a difference? I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS